5 Amazing Super-Healthy Seeds That Help You Lose Weight
Seeds can be an excellent source for the nutrients your body needs to maintain optimal performance and wellness. However, these health foods can do more than that. In fact, they can help you lose weight too.
Why Do People Gain Weight?
That is a question that science has argued for centuries. It is a popular misconception that if a person is overweight, it means they eat too much. But that is simply not true. In fact, many eat less than ‘skinny people’.
People gain weight for a number of reasons. It not always how much you eat, but what you eat, and how you eat it.Our bodies are basically organic machines, and what is the best fuel for an organic machine? Organic fuel feeds organic machines.
What is organic fuel? Organic fuel is composed of organic matter, which is any live organism living or stemming from the earth (humans, animals, and plants). Plants also use organic fuel in the form of compost.
All living organisms survive off of organic fuel, and we are no different. If we eat healthy organic based foods, we will optimize our body’s capacity to dispel unwanted fat deposits.
People gain weight because they are not giving their bodies the right fuel, and some motors run faster than others (high or low metabolism). This is why some people can eat anything and everything, but never gain a pound.
Dangers of Obesity
Obesity has many dangers, but the severity of these dangers is dependent upon other lifestyle habits like smoking, and drinking too much alcohol, caffeine, or soda, and not enough water.
Obesity can lead to heart and cardiovascular diseases, these diseases can lead to heart attack and stroke. Heart attacks and strokes can lead to disability.
Diabetes has also been linked to obesity, and if not controlled, it can be life threatening.
Obesity can lead to respiratory complications, like bronchitis and asthma. If your body is not getting the oxygen it needs, then it is not performing to optimal levels, and you are not getting the oxygen part of the fuel your body needs.
Stop Obesity With the Help of 5 Amazing Seeds
Seeds are good fuel for our bodies, but there are specifically 5 kinds of seeds that will assist you in losing weight. These include:
- Flax seeds – These are high in fiber; they are a great addition to a salad, health drink or shake.
- Hemp seeds (or the hearts) – These are like Flax seeds and make a great addition to healthy drinks, and salads.
- Sunflower seeds – They make a great snack, but we must be careful of the sodium content. This can have an adverse affect on the benefits.
- Sesame seeds – Theyare not just for hamburger buns. They are great on salads, or as a supplement to a health shake.
- Pumpkin seeds – These seeds are also a great snack; again, we must be mindful of the sodium content.
How These Seeds Help You Lose Weight
All of the healthy seeds listed above have the same weight loss values.
- These seeds are nutrient-dense, and contain plenty of fatty acids (Omega-3) among other vitamins and minerals. This makes them an important part of a balanced diet.
- Seeds are a rich source of fiber, with over 5 grams per ounce. Fiber is an important part of a weight-loss diet, because it can help curb appetite potentially leading to reduced hunger and a lower calorie intake. Fiber is also good for digestive track health and effective waste elimination.
- Seeds are high in the essential amino acids for the protein our bodies need for optimal health.
Take note however that these seeds are high in fat (good and bad) and as a result, they can be higher in calories per serving than many other foods, so it is advised to eat these seeds in proper proportion.
By adding seeds to your diet, you are giving your body the exact proportion of these nutrients that you need for a healthy lifestyle and a fit body.